Exactly What “Mess” Did Your Policies Save Us from, Mr. President?
By John W. Lillpop
Barack Obama may not be much of a president, but the man does have a hysterical sense of comedy, if one fancies gallows humor, that is.
Obama’s latest stand-up gag involves the bit about the fall elections.
According to the prez the mid-term votes could come down to “a choice between the policies that got us into this mess and my policies that got us out of this mess.”
After 18 months of the Obama presidency:
* Government spending completely out of control
* Federal deficit “unsustainable” at $13 trillion and growing
* Unemployment rate close to 10%
* 15 million Americans out of work
* Economy remains in recession, or worse
* Personal bankruptcies soaring
* Home foreclosures on a pace to reach 1 million in 2010
* Consumer confidence at 11-month low
* Gulf oil spill worst environmental crisis in history, exacerbated by lack of presidential leadership
* Moratorium on drilling to cost jobs
* Racial tensions grow in intensity throughout society
* U.S. government sides with foreign nation Mexico against sovereign state of Arizona
* U.S. borders unsecured--citizens vulnerable to attack from invading criminals
* War in Afghanistan: Political goals trump military ones
* American prestige and honor in decline throughout world
* Even progressive Europeans reject Obama’s outrageous proposals to continue spending
* White House uses tyrannical, banana republic tactics to ram Marxist programs into law
* Rule of law ignored to secure votes
* Majority of Americans believe nation headed in wrong direction
Again, exactly what “Mess” have your policies got us out of, Mr. President?
Posted by John W Lillpop at 8:07 AM