6.5.13

Senator Ted Cruz: Wrong Shade of Brown to Suit Bill Richardson?



By John W. Lillpop


Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, a prominent Hispanic politician in times long since past, opined as to Texas Senator Ted Cruz and his identification with the Hispanic people.

Richardson (Now THAT is a Hispanic handle!) said the following, as reported at the reference:
Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson joined ABC News for a web interview after his appearance on the “This Week” roundtable on Sunday, answering viewer questions about his time as governor, his experience meeting with the Taliban, and his thoughts on Korean ruler Kim Jong-Un. When asked about Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Richardson expressed his distaste for the senator.


“I’m not a fan. I know [Ted Cruz is] sort of the Republican latest flavor. He’s articulate. He seems to be charismatic, but I don’t like his politics. I think he introduces a measure of incivility in the political process. Insulting people is not the way to go. But I guess he’s a force in the Republican political system, but I’m not a fan.”

ABC News: Do you think he represents most Hispanics with his politics?

“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas. A conservative state. And I respect Texas’ choice. But what I don’t like is… when you try to get things done, it’s okay to be strong and state your views, your ideology. But I’ve seen him demean the office, be rude to other senators, not be part of, I think, the civility that is really needed in Washington.”

Would the senator be more ‘Hispanic’ in your eyes, Mr. Richardson, if he was up to his neck in scandal and disrepute? How about if he was an illegal alien?

Just asking!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/05/05/Gov-Bill-Richardson-on-Ted-Cruz-He-should-Not-be-defined-as-a-Hispanic-He-demeans-the-office