19.12.09

No Offense Intended, But--






















By John W. Lillpop

Lord knows I am no flame-throwing anarchist who stumbles about saying and doing things only to irritate good people. That is not my modus operandi, regardless of what creditors and my ex-wife may be charging.

Nonetheless, it seems fitting at this time of year to “Cast My Fate to the Wind,” and to speak unabashed about that which I believe, without undue regard to political correctness.

As they used to say “Let it All Hang Out!”

Thus, and therefore, acting against the counsel of my lawyer and psychiatric team, I hereby plunge headfirst into the world of defiance and wicked decadence.

I do so by exclaiming the following greeting from the top of my keyboard:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And, no, I did NOT forget Kwanzaa, Hanukah, or Ramadan.

And I most assuredly did NOT mean Happy Holidays, the neutered, politically correct double talk that has gained favor with so many ACLU-bullied wussies.

And to be perfectly frank, in my view "Feliz Navidad" is the language of illegal aliens and, as such, is unacceptable as an American greeting!

I said exactly what I meant, without apologies or hesitation. I said it, and already I hear the manic screams of sirens outside my padded cell.

What to do?

The only thing a sane person would do. Repeat the “sounding joy” and again say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And so it is.