12.11.10

Introducing Sylvia Thompson: Conservative Writer Worth Reading!

By John W. Lillpop

Sylvia Thompson, a member of the Silicon Valley Conservative Forum in San Jose, has penned the outstanding column which follows, titled the Upside of the Obama Travesty.

Ms. Thompson is an excellent writer with a unique American message!

Her column is a "Must Read" for those trying to understand the Barack Obama presidency.




The Upside of the Obama Travesty


I am a black woman whose roots run deep in America—over a century back to someone brought here either from Africa or somewhere far from these shores. I was born into and reared in the Jim Crow South. My total existence until I reached undergraduate college consisted of black everything: schools, hospitals, doctors, dentists, the movie theatre, social functions, friends, and of course relatives. And none of this experience draws me even remotely close to the person of Barack Obama. Nor does it make me relate to black liberals and elitists anymore than it draws me to Caucasian liberals and elitists.

I do not see this man’s entrance upon the scene as praise-worthy, although he will be recorded in history as a “first.” Sadly, for all blacks who descended from slaves in America, he will be the historical face of “the first” black President—a man whose father was not American and who had a Marxist past and Muslim, Christian-hating faith; a mother whose leanings were not toward America’s founding principles; and many influential mentors, associates, and friends, none of whom were or are pro-America.

In addition, Barack Obama is avidly pro-abortion, insanely insistent upon forcing the homosexual agenda upon an unreceptive American populace; disdainful of the military and hell bent upon instituting open sodomy among the ranks with all the inherent horrors that move will entail; and he is arrogantly incompetent in the position of power that he now holds.

My response to Barack Obama is to ignore his existence to the degree that I can. What I knew of him and his past as he embarked upon his campaign compelled me to avoid any of his “mesmerizing” speeches. I tuned out the entire transfer of government (and that’s no mean feat). I did not watch any part of his inauguration ceremony or the speeches delivered after his election. I mute or change the channel whenever he appears on my television, and turn off my radio if I hear his voice. That I must go through these contortions to keep this man’s presence out of my home, makes me even more disdainful of his intrusion upon this nation.

Now, to the premise of this article: What is the upside of the Obama travesty? It is this. American white folks should never again have to vote for a President because he is black and they are guilt-ridden. Whites can stop obsessing about a past over which none of them had any control. Black-white race issues in this country can now take a back seat to reason when it comes to the choice of an American President.

Unfortunately, however, with every upside there is a corresponding downside. And that is, if ever again a person who is a shade or two darker than cafĂ©-au-lait decides to run for President, that person will not be trusted. The attitude will be “been there, done that and don’t want to do it again.” That is indeed a travesty.




Sylvia Thompson is a member of the Silicon Valley Conservative Forum in San Jose, California She writes extennsively on a variety of political and social issues from a conservative perspective. She currently resides in Tennessee.