17.8.13

Not Recognizing Oprah: Is It RACISM?



By John W. Lillpop

At a time when unemployment and poverty are running rampant in the US, especially among African-Americans, one would suppose that the richest, most powerful woman on the planet would be grateful for her good fortune and privileged station.

That supposition would be dead wrong when it comes to billionaire Oprah Winfrey, the powerful lady who always keeps an eager eye out for racism and succeeds in finding it, even when it is not there.

One gets the sense that Oprah actually delights in finding something racist to bitch about!


The latest Oprah indignity comes to us from Zurich, Switzerland where a snotty sales clerk had the nerve to deny Oprah’s request to fondle a $35,000 purse.

With her laser-like vision for detecting racism, or even the vaguest hint thereof, Oprah immediately sensed a racial putdown as she described:


Oprah said: “I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn’t have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ is not shown in Zurich.

“I go into a store and I say to the woman, ‘Excuse me, could I see the bag right above your head?’ and she says to me, ‘No. It’s too expensive.’”

The saleswoman went on to suggest she look at cheaper bags. ‘I left the store but it proves that racism is still an issue,’ Oprah added.”

Oh my God, the indignity!

How in the world can any living, breathing intelligent human NOT recognize, and pay homage to, the great and powerful Oprah, omnipotent billionaire queen of daytime TV?

Clearly, the upper-end purse market in Switzerland is a haven for racist bigots, probably descendants from old,
white Republicans whom have migrated from the US South!

No doubt sensitivity training will be required to tame those racist yearnings. Crash viewing of the “Oprah Winfrey Show” reruns would provide a modest start.

Once Oprah returned to America, she was quick to make known her view that the Trayvon Martin case was another example of racism at work here in the homeland.

As reported at the reference:

Responding to a question about the juror in the George Zimmerman trial who thought race was not a part of the case at all, Winfrey said, “A lot of people, if they think they’re not using the ‘n- word’ themselves, they actually, physically are not using the ‘n-word’ themselves and do not harbor ill will towards black people, that it’s not racist. But, you know, to me it’s ridiculous to look at that case and not to think that race was involved.”

Forget the fact that the FBI determined that race was NOT a factor. In Oprah’s race-tainted mind, the only thing that matters is that a black person was killed by a non-black. Which means it HAD TO BE ABOUT RACE!

Oprah’s rants about race are growing old and tiresome. She needs to remove her bias and try a diet of humility and modesty!


Ref http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oprah-talks-trayvon-race-on-cnn-people-think-if-they-dont-use-the-n-word-theyre-not-racist/